Buying, selling or renting an apartment requires a lot planning, thoughts, calculations and considerations. Any decision of this sort should be carried out with utmost diligence as the ticket size fairly large and any deviation could incur a huge fiscal loss. Hence it is best to hand this out to an expert who knows the industry well. That’s where the real estate agents come in.
Dubai being a commercial hub, there is a huge requirement for real estate agents. But before you search for the best real estate companies in Dubai and select for the first one that appear, here is the list of things you should keep in mind for evaluating any agent.
- Licensing: It is common sense that one requires real estate license to practice. Estate agents in Dubai need to go through the process of obtaining license and only after getting one can he/she be eligible for showing houses and offices.
- Track Record: Louder than the words of the agents, speaks their track records. It is important to have an estate agent with a decent track record. For starters, one needs to see how many properties has he/she sold with respect to how many clients he/she has. Conversion ratio speaks a lot about agent’s abilities and its respect within the circle.
- Local Area Knowledge: Let’s say you are looking for an apartment for rent in Dubai. This rented apartment should have connectivity to metros and buses should have grocery store nearby and have neighbors from your own country. For this, you will require an agent who is familiar with local norms. Your agent should not only look for best houses, but should be aware about your other household and social needs.
- Network & Connections: Your real estate company is supposed to be your living property finder. It is their duty to provide you with property listings in Dubai in the locations that you want to move. That is why; you need to check how strong their network is. Wider their connections, greater their listings. You’ll have plethora of options to choose from, if you hire an estate agent with sound connections.
- References: If your relatives, friends or acquaintances have hired an agent in the past, it is always good to follow their path and hire them again to avoid any uncertainties. Since your friends already had a good experience with the agent, it is likely, that with their reference, you’ll get the same quality services too. However, if you do not have any references, you can ask the agent himself to provide you with contacts of his past clients so that you can run a background check on them. Big corporate always indulges in such verifications, as they have a lot at stake.
- Type of property: If you are buying a house and you hire an agent whose expertise lies in commercial spaces, you are going to end up regretting your decision. Different agents specialize in different type of properties and have connections in their own domain. Hiring a commercial broker for renting apartment in Dubai, would be a grave mismatch.
- Communication & Negotiation: We all want a deal that is a win-win for all the parties involved in the transaction. But to reach a point of agreement can be little difficult, as each party would put their interest first. The agent acting as a mediator should be able to negotiate with both buyers and sellers to reach at a point of agreement. For this, flawless communication and negotiation skills are required.
- Honesty: For humans, buying a house or an office is not just an economic transaction. There are a lot of emotions involved. We all want a place where we could feel safe, secure and comfortable. But we also need an honest agent who would not take advantage of our necessity or desperation. At the end, we all need a fair price and want to avoid post purchase dissonance. However abstract this factor may seem, honesty is the utmost important thing to look for in any agent.
We, at AskMe undergo a careful evaluation of real estate agents before getting them on board. Get in touch with us to find the best real estate agents in Dubai with all the qualities listed above.